Important Notice to Parents and Guardians
The new Immunization Requirements may affect your child
Please read the new requirements carefully. This will affect MANY STUDENTS in our school. Contact your County Health Department or your primary care physician for the required immunizations. Appointments will need to be made, so it is very important to get this done as soon as possible.
Please do not wait until the end of the summer to make sure your child is in compliance with the new regulations.
The Arkansas State Board of Health has revised and clarified the immunization requirements under Ark. Code Ann. §§ 20-7-109, 6-18-702, 6-60-501-504, and 20-78-206. The updated requirements for entrance to Kindergarten and grades 1st through 12th are as follows:
- 4 doses of DTP/DT/Td/DTaP/Tdap, with 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday. ALL STUDENTS K-12th
- 3 doses of Polio vaccine, with 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday. ALL STUDENTS K-12th
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), with 1st dose on or after 1st birthday. ALL STUDENTS K-12th
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine. ALL STUDENTS K-12th
- 2 doses of Varicella with 1st dose on or after 1st birthday. (Physician documentation only for history of disease will be accepted). ALL STUDENTS K-12th
- Kindergarten and 1st grade students will be required to have 1 dose of Hepatitis A. KINDERGARTEN and 1st Grade
- All students 11 years and older by September 1st of each year will be required to have a Tdap vaccination. ANY STUDENT AGE 11 and OVER
- All 7th graders will be required to have one dose of MCV4 (Meningococcal) vaccine with a second dose administered at age 16. If not vaccinated prior to age 16, 1 dose is required for all students who are age 16 on or before September 1st of each year.