Welcome to the Lonoke Gifted and Talented Homepage
Gifted and talented children and youth are those of high potential or ability, whose learning characteristics and educational needs require qualitatively differentiated educational experiences and/or services. Possession of these talents and gifts, or the potential for their development, will be evidenced through an interaction of high intellectual ability, task commitment and/or motivation, and creative ability.
· Students of high-ability learn quickly in their area(s) of interest or competence.
· Students with specialized gifts and talents are capable or need/want to know more that is offered in standard curriculum.
· Students with specialized gifts and talents will perform to expectations set for them.
· There is much diversity of needs within the identified population.
· Gifted students come from all sub-populations.
Due to the unique learning abilities and characteristics of gifted and talented students, a differentiated curriculum, designed to challenge and engage the student in higher level learning activities, is necessary to ensure students are not forced into academic underachievement.
Gifted and Talented Coordinator
900 West Palm
Lonoke, AR 72086