COVID-19 Update March 18th 2020
We continue to monitor developments and news feeds at the state and national levels. In his press conference today, the Governor reiterated that we are still anticipating opening schools the week after spring break. Unless we are directed otherwise by the Governor, Secretary of Health and/or the Secretary of Education, we will open schools for students March 31, 2020. March 30, 2020 is scheduled to be a teacher professional development day.
Other information provided by the Governor today:
1. We have a total of 33 cases in Arkansas, 11 more than yesterday.
2. It is critical that all Arkansas limit travel and follow Arkansas Department of Health guidance on preventive measures, including: 1) washing hands frequently; 2) social distancing; and 3) Call your healthcare professional or use the UAMS or Arkansas Department Website if you need medical advice.
3. Drive-through screenings are available at UAMS, Baptist Hospital in LR, and Arkansas Children’s Hospital (for children only).
If you need Medical Support, contact:
1. Healthy.Arkansas.gov – current information from the Arkansas Department of Health
2. 1-800-803-7847 – 24 hour hotline for COVID-19 questions
3. uamshealth.com – 24-hour digital connection to healthcare professionals – UAMS
4. 1-800 -743-3616 – 24-hour hotline for issues related to children’s health – ACH
Breakfast and Lunch
Our food service, transportation, and volunteer teams continue to provide sack lunches and breakfast items for students at the three designated locations: Furlow, Gina Cox Center, and Woodlawn. Please take advantage of this service.
We will communicate with school community members as soon as updated information becomes available. Thank you for your support and understanding.