COVID-19 Update March 19th 2020
GOVERNOR’S PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY: ALL SCHOOLS IN ARKANSAS WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 17.
School Services information from March 31, 2020 - April 17, 2020
1. Educational services will continue through Alternate Methods of Instruction.
2. More information about instruction materials, lessons, and teaching and learning will be shared tomorrow, March 20, 2020.
3. The District will continue to provide lunch and breakfast items during each school week from March 31, 2020, until April 17, 2020. More information will be available regarding delivery protocols.
4. The District and each of its schools will house essential personnel only through April 17, 2020. Schools will be closed. District personnel will continue to be available via email and/or Remind/Dojo. Principals or central office personnel will be available via email or telephone.
5. Beginning March 30, 2020, school nurses will call parents to schedule dates and times for medication pick-up.
Other information provided by the Governor today:
1. We have a total of 62 cases in Arkansas as of today. The increase in positive cases is a reflection of increased testing capacity.
2. The increase in positive cases is a result of community spread. More than ever before, it is essential to limit travel and follow Arkansas Department of Health guidance on preventive measures, including: 1) washing hands frequently; 2) social distancing; and 3) refraining from touching your face.
3. Call your healthcare professional or use the UAMS or Arkansas Department Website if you need medical advice.
4. Drive-through screenings are available at UAMS, Baptist Hospital in LR, and Arkansas Children’s Hospital (for children only).
If you need Medical Support, contact:
1. Healthy.Arkansas.gov – current information from the Arkansas Department of Health
2. 1-800-803-7847 – 24 hour hotline for COVID-19 questions
3. uamshealth.com – 24-hour digital connection to healthcare professionals – UAMS
4. 1-800 -743-3616 – 24-hour hotline for issues related to children’s health – ACH
Breakfast and Lunch
Our food service, transportation, and volunteer teams continue to provide sack lunches and breakfast items for students at the three designated locations: Furlow, Gina Cox Center, and Woodlawn. Please take advantage of this service through March 20. Services will resume March 31.
If your family has experienced a change in household income, you may qualify for meal benefits and can apply anytime during this school year. If you need a form for qualifying reasons and can’t print the one linked below, please let your child’s teacher or building principal know. We will send that form to you, so you have those services when we return.
We will communicate with school community members as soon as updated information becomes available. Thank you for your support and understanding.