Parent Information March 20th 2020
Our District has made provisions for teaching and learning to continue through April 17, 2020. All AMI work given to students during this period will be graded and count towards students’ second semester final grades. Our goal is to ensure that all students receive quality learning opportunities during this time period. Please note the following processes that we have put in place to ensure continuity of services:
1. March 23-March 31: Lunch and breakfast items will be available for students at the front drive-through of the Gina Cox Center.
2. March 30-March 31: You will be contacted by your school to determine if you have internet access, computer devices, and if you need breakfast/lunch services.
3. April 1: All content will be loaded in Google Classroom and shared with students through their school issued email. All students will be expected to access classwork through this platform. We will share information with you on how to utilize the platform. If you do not have the internet, AMI packets are available and will closely match the online learning.
4. April 1-April 17: Lunch and breakfast will be delivered to each bus stop. Please let your child’s teacher or school know when you are contacted if this is a service that your child(ren) can benefit from. Lunches and breakfast items are free. Parents of students who do not ride buses can pick up student lunches in the Gina Cox Center drive-through in the front of the building.
5. If during this time of social distancing, your family’s income has been altered, please let your child’s teacher or school know. We can send you a new form for you to complete to take advantage of free or reduced lunches when we return to on-site instruction.
6. If you do not have access to the internet, wifi can be accessed from school parking lots using school issued devices. If you do not have a chromebook, laptop, ipad, etc. Google Classroom, which will be the platform lessons are shared beginning April 1, is able to be accessed through Xbox and Playstations. We will share information on how to use these devices to gain access soon.
7. Our amazing staff is busy working to load content and lessons digitally to provide instruction around essential standards as we continue to navigate this time.
8. Please make sure that you make AMI work a priority for your child. These assignments will be graded and will impact their final grades for the semester. Our staff is here to provide support as much as we can during this time to ensure your child’s success.
9. April 1, April 7, April 14: Bus drivers will run regular routes to pick up and deliver AMI packets. For in-town students, you can drop off your child’s completed packets and pick up new ones each Tuesday afternoon between 12:00 and 2:00 in the drive-through of your child’s school.
10. Graduation will remain scheduled as planned, but is subject to change pending guidance from the state about the virus.
For now, please enjoy spring break and the time you have with family. We will be available for questions or concerns beginning March 30, 2020. Feel free to call our District or school offices if you have questions or concerns. We are here to serve.
District Office: 501-676-2042
Lonoke Primary School: 501-676-3839
Lonoke Elementary School: 501-676-6740
Lonoke Middle School: 501-676-6670
Lonoke High School: 501-676-2476
Nurse Leah Robinson: 501-676-3839