Influenza Infection and Reponse
Posted by John Tackett on 3/3/2020
Influenza Prevention and Response information from Superintendent Dr. John Tackett
Dear Parents and Students:
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work to provide exceptional services and educational opportunities for all of our students in the Lonoke Public School District. From outstanding teaching and learning to comprehensive healthcare services, we are striving to meet the needs of the "whole child" in our district.
As you are aware, school nurses and doctors in our School Based Health Clinic have been diagnosing and treating influenza over the past several weeks. Based on the guidance we have received from the Arkansas Department of Health, we are encouraging students to wash their hands frequently and to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth in order to prevent the possible spread of influenza. Thank you for your help in emphasizing these basic measures to your children.
In addition, the Lonoke Public School District is aware of the risk of COVID-19 internationally, and district personnel are working with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) to identify students and staff who may have traveled from the affected countries. District staff will collaborate with ADH officials if any such students or staff are identified. School and district prevention and response measures have been drafted to ensure the health and safety of all our students and staff.
Be assured that the health and well being of your child is of utmost importance to us. Our outstanding healthcare team, administration, teachers, staff, and support personnel continue to work, in collaboration, to provide the best for your child.
Thanks again for allowing us to serve.
- Parent Information for Extended AMI Plan 3_27_20
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Breakfast and Lunch Delivery Extended Through March 31st
- COVID-19 Info March 19th 2020
- COVID-19 Information Update March 18th
- Staying Engaged, Healthy, and Active At Home
- Breakfast Available and South Kerr Road Location Discontinued
- School Closure Update March 15th
- Updated Information about Covid-19 and Influenza
- Pick Up of Student Medications from School