School Closure Update March 15th
Posted by Rich Richardson on 3/15/2020 4:00:00 PM
As you probably know, Governor Hutchinson and his team held a press conference this afternoon to provide updates on COVID-19 and to announce mandatory school closures beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, through March 20, 2020. Of course, school will closed during spring break, March 23 - March 27. The Governor also authorized school districts to close schools beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. In that our teachers sent AMI work home with students this past Friday, I am authorizing the closure of our schools tomorrow, March 16, 2020. Please note the following:
1. LPSD schools will be closed tomorrow, March 16 through March 30. All school athletics and other activities are suspended until March 30. All staff and student school travel is suspended until further notice. Unless otherwise directed by the Governor, Arkansas Department of Health, and Arkansas Department of Education, classes will resume on March 31, 2020. Teacher professional development iis scheduled for March 30, 2020.
2. All students will access classroom lessons via Google classroom and/or AMI packets. Please call school administration on Monday morning if your child did not receive AMI packets for one or more of their required classes. Pick up for those AMI packets will be scheduled through the building office. Parents, please remember that AMI work is required to be completed.
3. Teachers and principals will be available by email, or other communication means (Class Dojo, Remind, etc) during normal school hours each day.
4. The LPSD district office will be open from 8:00 am – 1:00 p.m. on March 16, 2020, for essential business only. Administrative staff will be available onsite, by phone, or email during that time. No personnel will be on school campuses or in the district office from Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until March 30, 2020. All staff will report back on March 30, 2020, and students will return on March 31, 2020, unless otherwise instructed by the Governor, the Secretary of Health, and the Secretary of Education.
5. LPSD and the Lonoke Food Pantry are working collaboratively to provide sack lunches for our students from March 16 - March 20. Distribution of lunches will occur from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon at the following four sites: 1) Drive-through service in front of the Gina Cox Center; 2) St. Matthew’s Baptist Church on South Kerr Road; 3) Furlow: the empty lot across the street from the Furlow Gas Station; and 4) the Woodlawn Community Center.
6. Please follow all safeguards as recommended by the Arkansas Department of Health. Please review our previous updates concerning these recommendations and access to information.
7. The Arkansas Department of Education has COVID-19 resources available for your review at the following web address: http://dese.ade.arkansas.gov/divisions/communications/covid-19-information.
We will communicate with school community members as soon as updated information becomes available. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- Parent Information for Extended AMI Plan 3_27_20
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Breakfast and Lunch Delivery Extended Through March 31st
- COVID-19 Info March 19th 2020
- COVID-19 Information Update March 18th
- Staying Engaged, Healthy, and Active At Home
- Breakfast Available and South Kerr Road Location Discontinued
- School Closure Update March 15th
- Updated Information about Covid-19 and Influenza
- Pick Up of Student Medications from School